Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
South Tarrant County, TX
Home Health Business Development Manager
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the marketing, developing and maintaining relationships leading to referrals to the branches within the market. This position will support South Tarrant County. The BDM will Increase market revenues through growing patient base. Candidate expected to enthusiastically develop and maintain strong business and referral relationships with physicians, discharge planners, insurance representatives and the medical community. Candidate must be self-motivated individual who will obtain results while upholding the high customer service and public relations standards. A Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Marketing or a clinical field is required. Minimum of two to five years record of proven success in team development and marketing planning is a must.
Employees in this position will:
1. Develop and maintain existing relationships leading to referrals while placing an emphasis on gaining new referral accounts.
2. Gain new accounts in the market by differentiating our services in the marketplace.
3. Coordinate and ensure successful transition from the referral sources to the implementation of services by the agency.
4. Assist DBD in developing strategies to increase market share with referral sources.
5. Assist the DBD in developing sales plans to achieve revenue goals. Understand the HH business to ensure the agency is marketed properly.
6. Develop, monitor, and report on progress towards department objectives and measurements.
7. Develop a positive and favorable image of Baylor Home Health. Promote and maintain excellent customer relations on all levels.
8. Educate referral sources on Baylor Home Health's scope of services.
9. Obtain feedback on service referral sources and provide to DBD.
10. Assess strategic position and activities of the competition.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
1. Bachelor's degree in business or related field
2. Formal sales training.
3. Ability to prospect new business opportunities & sell our services.
4. Proficiency in Windows-based office technologies (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel) required.
5. 3-5 years sales experience preferred in calling, presentations, and contract negotiations.
6. Valid Driver License & Automobile Insurance.
7. Knowledge of healthcare profession and payer sources preferred.
8. Ability to develop and leverage new referral source relationships.
9. Strong communication and presentation skills.
10. Ability to develop professional written communications.
11. Ability to analyze internal and external information to assess the impact of sales and marketing programs.
12. Ability to assess market demand and competitive conditions.
13. Ability to analyze and propose profitable contract terms.
14. Strong organizational and time management skills.
15. Maintain a professional appearance.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.