SSM Health Physical Therapy is looking for a Full Time Patient Service Specialist to work a split between our Outpatient Clinic in Downtown St. Charles and Dardenne Prairie !!
Patient Service Specialist - Office Administrator
SSM Health PT has 70+ centers throughout the St. Louis area. We offer outpatient therapy services to patients with back pain, sports injuries, orthopedic issues, day-long therapy programs, as well as continuously growing other specialty programs. The Patient Service Specialists are the customer service and insurance experts of our team.
We have been recognized by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018!
*Robust benefits package including:
Shifts: Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week, hours vary based on center
On a day-to-day basis:
- Greets patients
- Answers phones
- Patient intake and data entry
- Insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Schedules patient appointments
- Operates front office of outpatient centers
- Supports therapists and therapy assistants
- Daily cash balancing and weekly banking deposits
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Two years in medical office setting that required multi-tasking preferred.
Knowledge of health insurance preferred.
To be qualified:
- HS diploma or GED is required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurance verification preferred
- Healthcare, Medical, Dental office administration preferred