Prepares equipment and physical plant for daily activities. Assists in the Wellness Program.
Performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist, including but not limited to:
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assists with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the Physical Therapy Practice Act. Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Assists the area therapy manager with patient care in the rehab treatment areas and helps with coordination between rehab and nursing floors.
- Participates in therapeutic dysphagia and feeding program
Provides coverage for Wheelchair Technicians to include:
- Maintaining inventory of all wheelchairs and wheelchair parts, including distribution, cleaning and repair.
- Assists with cleaning/disinfecting of wheelchairs and cushions after each patient use.
- Assists with preventative maintenance and repairs on wheelchair fleet to extend life of equipment and ensure patient safety.
- Assists with distribution of wheelchairs to new admissions, as requested by therapy department.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of hand and power tools, as well as sewing machine in order to repair, maintain and adjust therapy equipment and wheelchairs.
- Informs department manager of needed supplies, assists with inventory control and ordering of supplies.
- Assists with basic clerical duties as requested.
- Participates in hospital-specific Core Program meetings and demonstrates understanding of patient satisfaction outcome data.
- Arranges for responsibilities to be covered by other trained staff members in planned absences.