Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Front Office/Patient Service Specialist (PSS) ensures the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees, and referral sources through the coordination and administration of facility’s “front office” activities. Ensure that all activities that directly affect billing for services provided are accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established company policies and compliance programs.
Employees in this position will:
- Greet patients and visitors to the facility in a pleasant tone and timely and courteous manner.
- Answer and direct all telephone calls.
- Accurately schedule patients for appointments.
- Obtain and enter patient, billing and insurance information in order to maintain current and accurate information in patient files, documentation software and billing system.
- Prepare forms and reports as well as conduct billing or collection activities as necessary.
- Perform clerical functions including a working knowledge of all front desk duties.
- Coordinate patient charts and appointments to ensure timely service.
- Verify insurance eligibility of patients and authorization to determine if services are covered.
- Provide information to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and payment required at each visit.
- Administer quality assurance programs to ensure patient satisfaction with facility.
- Ensure timely reporting of key clinic statistics to management for sales, revenue and patient flow.
- Maintain a system of controls for cash receipts, including daily entry in documentation and billing systems and daily reconciliation processes to ensure proper handling of monies received.
- Foster and support a workplace culture that emphasizes the importance of Customer Service.
- Work with patients, doctors, payors, billing centers, and internal departments of KORT and Select Medical to resolve concerns and problems.
- Adjust work schedule, in the event the needs of the facility change.
- Travel to non-home location clinic or other site for training or coverage when necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested.