Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Rehab Aide - Therapy Tech - Weekends - Inpatient Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation carries a well-known reputation for excellent patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Fourteen years running Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation and our sister organization Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation have been named in U.S. News & World Report as one of America's Best Hospitals. We are Joint Commission certified and won the Quality Texas Foundation Performance Excellence Award.
BIR currently employs 1,600 employees and we continue to grow. We currently have the following locations throughout DFW, making us one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation:
The Rehab Aide/Therapy Tech provides care under the direction of a therapist. This position exists to assist patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of requested activities.
Employees in this position perform the following functions but are not limited to:
• Assisting with running recreational therapy activities on the weekends (games, art projects, etc).
• Assisting patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
• Assisting patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
• Transporting patients to/from therapy as needed.
• Assisting therapists with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
• Assisting with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
• Preparing department each morning.
• Picking up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
• Maintaining department in a clean and orderly condition including disinfecting equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to infection control policies and procedures.
• Reporting defective equipment to Manager/Director.
• Ensuring maintenance of cleaning logs and temperature logs.
• Following and assisting with infection control policies and risk management procedures.
• Assisting with identification of support staff needs for patient care.
• Participating in therapeutic dysphagia and feeding program as requested and supervised by the therapists.
• Informing Manager/Director of needed supplies, assists with inventory control and ordering of supplies.
• Assisting with basic clerical duties as requested.
• Communicating with Manager/Director on a timely basis regarding problems, issues and needs related to work assignment.
• Establishing and maintaining current knowledge of all Performance Improvement and patient care improvement issues and maintains an active role in monitoring these issues.
• Performing other duties as requested.
Weekend shifts are 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.