Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Home Health Clinical Coordinator (LVN)
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation carries a well-known reputation for excellent patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Fourteen years running Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation and our sister organization Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation have been named in U.S. News & World Report as one of America's Best Hospitals. We are Joint Commission certified and won the Quality Texas Foundation Performance Excellence Award.
BSWIR has about 2,000 employees and we continue to grow. We currently have the following locations throughout DFW, making us one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation:
The Clinical Coordinator assists with field staff, patients/caregivers, acute and post-acute care provider's communication to and from agency and documents appropriately.
2. Reviews and approves clinician's orders and reviews updated physician orders and communicates and coordinates with field staff and patients. Ensures necessary supplies and/or equipment are available.
3. Review high risk for re-hospitalization algorithm through SHP and communicates with clinicians to flag qualified/appropriate patients a. Clinically evaluates progress of patients and risk for patients that are flagged as high risk b. Contacts patients as appropriate as identified by patient clinical care needs. c. Contacts primary clinician as appropriate when changes in patient condition are observed through the high risk program. d. Provides increased clinical coordination with patients who are high risk for readmission through calls
4. Participates in all clinical meetings.
5. Collaborates on coordination of patient care as needed with DON, DOR and clinical care team.
6. Provides clinical coordination and communication with patients/caregivers, physicians, and other clinicians in accordance with current standards and regulations 7. Acts as a resource for clinical staff and operations to have frequent in person two-way conversations and exchange of information regarding clinical needs, desired changes, organization updates, and other pertinent information as needed.
8. Works collaboratively to assure documentation is complete and consistent with care and reflects legal, regulatory and agency requirements.
9. Participates in helping to develop standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families. Works with the Administrator to ensure that standards are met.
10. Participates in establishing the functions and qualifications for each service position; coordinates interdisciplinary team services a. Assures ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and implementation of interdisciplinary team plan of care. b. Participates in coordinating Agency's services with services of other community agencies. c. Serves on QAPI committee. d. Participates in studies and research and other administrative functions as assigned
11. Other duties as assigned.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.