Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Patient Service Specialist
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Patient Service Specialist (PSS) ensures the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees, and referral sources through the coordination and administration of facility’s “front office” activities. Ensure that all activities that directly affect billing for services provided are accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established company policies and compliance programs.
Employees in this position will:
1. Meet with new patients and families in hospitals, rehabs, SNF's, etc.
2. Getting all appropriate DC paperwork from hospitals, rehabs, SNF's, etc.
3. Introducing patients to Baylor Home Health, responsible for setting appropriate expectations regarding level of care.
4. Answering general questions and verifying all patient's information including their address, phone, emergency contact, doctor(s) names and numbers, and all follow-up appointments.
5. Effectively communicating with DC planners before & after meeting with patients.
6. Visiting existing patients in hospitals and notifying DC planners to facilitate a smooth transition home.
7. Reporting back to office on tentative DC plans and following up to assist in getting orders signed, as needed.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
1. High School Diploma.
2. Previous healthcare & administrative experience preferred.
3. Previous home health experience preferred.
4. Must have a positive attitude, cooperate and deal well with others.
5. GREAT communication skills.
6. OUTGOING - not afraid to talk with patients, families, dc planners, and doctors.
7. ORGANIZED - great at multitasking.
8. MUST have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel throughout the entire DFW Metroplex on a daily basis, as part of their job duties.
Baylor Scott and White Institute for Rehabilitation offers a very comprehensive career ladder in whatever may interest you.
Invent your career at Baylor Institute Scott and White Institute for Rehabilitation!
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.